Everyone agrees that a bed is the most crucial piece of furniture in a bedroom because it promotes restful, rejuvenating sleep that helps you wake up feeling rested and ready for the day. Online shopping offers a wide range of possibilities when purchasing a bed. Before selecting a bed, it’s crucial to be aware of the components that go into its construction. Sheesham wood beds are one of the most popular options and Wakefit provides numerous options if you want to follow fashion and buy Sheesham wood beds. However, if you’re the curious kind who wants to discover why it’s so popular despite the availability of other solid wood bed varieties. This is why.
A quick explanation of Sheesham wood
Although sheesham furniture is among the most popular choices for Indian households, many people are ignorant of the significance of this wood. It is vital to understand what it is before purchasing in order to make educated decisions.
In and around the Indian subcontinent, sheesham wood is a kind of hardwood known as Dalbergia Sissio or Sheesham. A deciduous tree, it is found across the Sub-Himalayan area. It may be found starting from Assam in the western east of the Indus River. In Assam, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, and Punjab, it is therefore readily accessible. It is referred to locally by a number of names, including Sisu, Sissoo, Shisham, Shishan, and Sheesham wood beds.
Sheesham wood beds were first preferred in those areas, but they gradually gained popularity throughout the rest of the nation.
The tree can tolerate droughts for up to three months and rains of up to 2000mm while growing in a range of temperatures between 10 and 40°C. In tropical woods, the Sheesham, which may reach a height of 1300 m, can be found. The fact that sheesham can grow on saline soils, sand, and gravel is its finest attribute. Given that they are classified as hardwood, they grow more slowly than softwood trees. But these are trees that can withstand fires and are stronger and more resilient.
Sheesham Wood’s characteristics and features
In Pakistan, Nepal and India, you may find rosewood or sheesham wood. It may grow to a height of 30 meters and a diameter of 1.5 meters in its roughly 22-year lifespan. The fact that they offer outstanding strength to bed frames and are thus the ideal option for wooden furniture is one of the main factors contributing to this type of hardwood’s popularity. It has distinctive grains that carvers greatly value for creating lovely bed designs. They may be utilised to manufacture any form of bed design once polished, they provide a beautiful and smooth surface.
Features of Sheesham Wood:
- Colours: Sheesham wood comes in a variety of colours, from dark brown to golden brown to chestnut. This gives the bed a shiny, luxurious appearance.
- Texture: The wood is robust because of its straight grain, which has a variety of coarse to medium textures. The beds are attractive due to its inherent shine.
- Offers great workability: Sheesham wood is excellent for crafts since it glues well and may be utilised in a variety of machines. Additionally, it is quite malleable, making it easy to carve, making it very popular among designers and carvers who create elaborate Sheesham wood beds. So Sheesham wood is unrivalled in terms of workability.
- Durability: Termite-resistant Indian rosewood is used to construct termite-proof mattresses. Additionally, it does not warp because of its strong texture, which makes it a fantastic option for beds with storage cupboards. Additionally, it resists moisture, which makes mattresses endure longer, especially in India’s hot and muggy climate.
- Long-lasting: Given the durability of Sheesham wood, it is not uncommon for individuals to inherit furniture from earlier generations, with Sheesham wood being the most probable type to be used. Due to their strength and durability, they are the finest options for large furniture like beds. The king-size bed you buy will be durable for many generations. Additionally, because of its inherent lustre, it complements many interior design styles.
- Affordable: You may be considering the numerous benefits that wood offers; but, purchasing furniture made of it will be expensive. Though it isn’t! Although Sheesham wood beds are popular, they are still affordable, even when they have storage. It also requires no extra upkeep, which makes it the finest option for wooden beds.
- To conclude: The greatest material for building beds and other furniture is sheesham wood. It is resilient to termites, long-lasting, inexpensive, simple to maintain, and weather-resistant. The wood may be carved into modern, classic, or contemporary pieces of furniture and comes in a variety of colours and textures. You now see why Sheesham bed online is so well-liked online.