Using onion oil for hair care is all the rage nowadays. However, it may interest you that this oil was used in the Middle Ages to cure baldness. Well, this isn’t surprising; evidence shows that topical treatment of onion extracts can treat hair loss. In addition, the nutritional content of this championed ingredient acts as a boon for hair growth by targeting dryness, hair breakage, and scalp irritation.
So, how is onion’s nutritional value aid in hair growth? For starters, it is rich in nutrients such as Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, and many other compounds. These ingredients are said to encourage hair growth and give your hair a lovely texture. So, what are the other benefits of onion oil on hair? Let’s hit the details to explore more benefits of onion oil.
Onion oil—What is it all about?
Onions are anti-inflammatory, fungicidal, antibacterial, and rich in antioxidants, qualities needed for hair care. Let’s look at the benefits in more detail:
- Boosts your hair growth cycle: This oil can activate some enzymes in your scalp, thereby enhancing your hair growth cycle.
- Can delay premature graying: Onions contain certain enzymes that reduce damage caused by free radicals, thereby controlling premature graying.
- Can reduce hair thinning and breakage: Onion oil is rich in sulfur, making it ideal for preventing breakage, split ends, and hair thinning.
- Fights bacterial infections on your scalp: Onion oil is antibacterial. Regular use of this oil can combat bacterial infections and also control itching and dandruff.
- An excellent conditioner: Onion hair oil is a natural conditioner. It can be used before hair washing to ensure that the shampoo doesn’t strip off the moisture from your hair.
- Maintaining pH levels: A balanced scalp is the most important factor for healthy hair. Components in onion oil make it the perfect ingredient to maintain the scalp’s pH levels.
- A rich and lush hair texture: When you use this oil regularly, your hair becomes smooth and shiny. What’s more, it may be frizz-free too!
How do you use Onion Hair Oil?
Onion oil can be used in two ways. For cold onion oil treatment, all you need to do is take a few drops of the oil in your palm. Then, give your head a good massage using your fingertips. For hot oil treatment, mix your Onion Hair Oil in carrier oil; it can be Olive Oil or Almond Oil. Heat it a bit to get a lukewarm temperature. Massage this mixture into your hair, covering the length too. Leave it on overnight and wash off the oil with a natural shampoo in the morning. Follow up with a good conditioner.
What product should you choose?
Like with anything else, quality matters. Ensure your Onion Hair Oil is natural and doesn’t contain harmful chemicals, so check the labels. If you see words such as silicone, paraben, or sulfate, give the product a miss.
Brands such as Mamaearth are committed to using natural substances. And, as they have a zero-harm chemical policy in their formulas, you don’t have to worry about side effects. So, what does Mamaearth have to offer?
Onion Hair Oil for Hair Regrowth and Hair Fall Control with Redensyl
Once you have a safe certified product such as Onion Hair Oil from Mamaearth, you are ensured good quality. What it has in store for you:
- Boosts hair growth: The combination of Redensyl and Onion Oil control hair fall and boost new growth.
- Gives stronger, shinier hair: The goodness of Sunflower Oil, Hibiscus Oil, and Amla Oil are perfect accompaniments for this oil. Your hair gets stronger from the inside and glossy on the outside.
What does it contain?
- Onion seed oil: It speeds up blood supply to the roots, improving hair growth. It also prevents hair loss.
- Redensyl: Redensyl controls hair loss, boosts strength, health, and hair density
- Almond oil: This oil is rich in phospholipids, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin E, and Magnesium, the ingredients you need for hair loss and damage treatment.
- Bhringraj oil: It improves blood circulation, prevents hair fall, and encourages hair growth.
- Castor oil: This nourishing oil contains vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants that improve blood flow to the scalp.
- Amla oil: It is known for its hair and scalp health properties and prevents premature graying.
We have established the benefits of Onion Hair Oil for hair care. But have you wondered about hair serum products and their benefits? Let’s look at some of the nuggets Mama earth has on offer:
Onion Hair Serum with Onion and Biotin for strong, frizz-free hair
This serum may be the perfect solution if you are looking for the perfect hair serum for women and men to treat your frizzy hair. What it has going for it:
- Onion seed extracts strengthen your hair and keep it glossy.
- Biotin content provides vitamin B, making your hair strong, thick, and shiny.
- Olive oil nourishes and moisturizes your hair from within—a perfect ingredient for an itchy scalp.
- D-Panthenol or vitamin B5 moisturizes and coats the hair, giving it a smooth and shiny appearance.
- Onion Scalp Serum with Onion and Niacin amide for healthy hair growth
This amazing hair serum for women and men contains the following ingredients:
- Red onion: It minimizes hair breakage and thinning and tackles dandruff too.
- Niacin amide: It is ideal for long and strong hair and promotes blood flow.
- Pea sprouts: Their antioxidant properties ensure healthy hair growth.
- Aloe vera juice: A great conditioner for dry and damaged hair. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties prevent infection and dandruff.
Onion Shampoo and Onion Hair Serum combo
Why go for half-measures when you can have it all? This combo of onion shampoo and onion hair serum for women and men is one treatment you need to defy your targeted hair concerns. This combo is right up your alley for lustrous, thick hair that needs no taming. It blends the goodness of growth-promoting ingredients such as Biotin, Red Onion, D-Panthenol, and Olive Oil.
Mama earth is dedicated to supporting hair and skin health by maximizing the goodness of nature. Their zero-harm chemical policy ensures that you and your family are safe from harmful chemicals. Moreover, as they are FDA and PETA certified, not to mention plastic-positive, you know they care for the planet as much as you do. They have planted 300,000 saplings to prove their commitment to the environment. So, go ahead and buy their product. They will plant a sapling for you.